Friday, August 31, 2012

Meet my choice for undersheriff

Jose Jesus Moreno                                                                             08/20/2012

Screening – Under Sheriff La Paz County Sheriff’s Department

 

Dear Sheriff Candidate Moreno:

 

                                    I have twenty four years of Municipal Law Enforcement experience. The last six years of my career have been in Police Management and Executive Management, at the ranks of Lieutenant and Assistant Chief of Police.  During my career, I have sought out and embraced many challenging assignments.  These assignments have included Training, Youth Services, Internal Investigations, Traffic Enforcement, and Criminal Investigations.  I was assigned to a Federal Task Force working exclusively with D.E.A., F.B.I., and at times the C.I.A. I have significant experience working hand in hand with the Office of District Attorney of Los Angeles County, and the United States Attorney’s Office.  I have consistently worked diligently and promoted through the ranks of the Police Department, where I ultimately achieved the rank of Assistant Chief of Police.  I have consistently received evaluations exceeding the expectations for areas of responsibility assigned to me.  As the Assistant Chief of Police I provided executive management and oversight to the entire Police Department, consisting of 77 sworn Officers and 140 Civilian personnel encompassing Administrative, Investigative, Patrol, Traffic, Records, Communications, Jail, Animal Control, Code Enforcement, Business Licensing, and Youth Services.  I managed an annual budget of 18.4 million, in which approximately 4.4 million were from awarded grants.  I am a graduate of the West Point Leadership Academy, and I fluently speak both English and Spanish.

 

                                    I am extremely interested in your current opening for Under Sheriff of La Paz County, Arizona. I enjoy working with the community and finding solutions to complex quality of life issues.  I excelled in my career significantly because I believe in community policing, and community partnership.  I am transparent and believe in treating everyone in a fair and impartial manner.  I gain personal satisfaction by improving the quality of life for others.  I feel that the environment in La Paz County would be a perfect match for me both personally and professionally.  I was born and raised in New Mexico, in a very small community, where values are a way of life.  This is why I find this opportunity so appealing.

 

                                    In closing I want to thank you for your time and consideration in reviewing my qualifications. 

 

Respectfully,

Lee J. Alirez                                                         

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Lee Jack Alirez
 
 
 
Professional
Experience:    City of South Gate Police Department
                         Reserve Police Officer
 
                         City of South Gate Police Department
                         Police Officer
                         Patrol Division
                         Field Training Officer
                         Detective, Investigating Theft, Fraud and Crimes of Violence.
 
 
 
                        City of Huntington Park Police Department
                        Police Officer
                        Patrol Officer
                        Field Training Officer
                        Detective assigned to DEA / FBI task force
                        Detective assigned to crimes of violence (homicide) 
                        Patrol Sergeant
                        Detective Bureau Sergeant
                        Administration Sergeant
                        Police Lieutenant, Patrol Watch Commander
                        Assistant Chief of Police
 
Positions of Supervision, Management & Executive Management
 
Senior Officer
                        Police Sergeant
                        Police Lieutenant
                        Assistant Chief of Police
 
 Formal

Education:     Citrus College, Glendora, Ca.

                        Cal State, Long Beach, Ca.

                        Rio Hondo College, Police Academy, Whittier, Ca.

                        Mt. San Jacinto College, Menifee, Ca.

                        Woodbury University, Los Angeles, Ca.

                        West Point Leadership Academy, Los Angeles Police Department.

                        Total 75+ units currently completing my BS degree in Administration of             

                        Justice.

 

Certificates

      &

Training:        Peace Officers Standard and Training Certificates

 

                        Basic certificate

                        Intermediate certificate

                        Advanced certificate

                        Supervisory certificate

                        Management certificate

                        Emergency Management and Preparation (NIMMS)

 

In excess of 1200 hours of POST advanced officer training.

                        West Point Leadership Academy

                        Role of the Chief of Police training.

 

Honors:          City of South Gate Officer of the year 1995

                        State of California Department of Justice, undercover operations.

                        State of California Senate, recognition for dedicated service to the 

                        community.

City of Huntington Park, Life Saving Medal

                        In excess of 145 Chief of Police Commendations

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment